LIMITED SEATS200 Attendees
INDUSTRY EXPERTS20+ Sessions
The Hilton Nashville Downtown
“I NEVER MISS THE SUMMIT. IT BRINGS TOGETHER THE MOST CREATIVE AND COMMITTED PROFESSIONALS IN THE INDUSTRY.”
-Sean Hutchinson, CEPA, co-founder of SVA Value Accelerators, 2015 Exit Planner of the Year
This September in Nashville, advisors from across the globe will gather to learn the latest in exit planning while immersing themselves in a big conference atmosphere with a interactive, workshop personalized feel. The highlights for the 2018 Exit Planning Summit will expand your view, challenge you to greater heights, and reinvent the way you approach the middle market.
The 2018 Exit Planning Summit Highlights:
Two World-Renowned Keynotes: Dr. Tom Deans, thought-provoking and boundary pushing keynote speaker, best-selling author of Every Family’s Business and founder of Willing Wisdom Index will open with a talk about the most important questions every family business should ask before the exit; and Dan Negroni, founder of LaunchBox and leading millennial generational expert, taking the Summit main stage on Tuesday to zero in on the most present and gnawing conflict in the workplace today: Managing Generational Conflict and Creating Strategies for Multi-Generational Engagement.
And the star-studded keynotes are just the beginning! This year introduces the following unmissable, out of the norm features like:
- “Exit is Now” eBook Simulation: Follow along, analyze scenarios, work in a group, and present your findings using the new Summit ebook written by 10 experts from across the exit planning profession in case study format that will be woven into every single session!
- EPI Power Sessions: Seven powerful TED-style talks by seven industry leaders solving real advisor pitfalls. Our speakers will deliver a short, frank, and impactful speech in 15 minutes or less on the seven topics specifically relevant to the exit planning professional: How to Build an Exit Planning Team, How to Create a Revenue-Producing Marketing Strategy, How to Ask an Owner the Right Questions, How to Scale a Business, How to Leverage Your Personal Brand, How to Motivate an Owner to Work on Exit Strategy, and How to Impact Value Drivers & Killers.
- Summit Giveback Charity Social: In 2017, we raised over $12,000 for Austim! This year, your contributions will support Abe’s Garden Center for Alzheimer’s. Let’s do some good together!
- Leading Speaker Lineup: It doesn’t stop with keynotes! We are pleased to bring you more than 20 well-known, prolific experts, speakers, and leaders to share their insights, including founder of Value Builder System, John Warrillow, and industry leading marketing strategist, Christine Hollinden.
- Exited Owners Q&A Panel Discussion: Over lunch on Monday, hear it from the horse’s mouth! We’ve brought together four exited owners to share what exit felt like and what it means from the business owner’s POV.
- 2018 Excellence in Exit Planning Awards: Celebrate those leading advisors truly changing the game and changing owner outcomes! Thank you to our title partner and sponsor, BNY Mellon Wealth Management!
- Advanced Post-Summit Workshops: For advisors looking to take it to the next level, join Christopher Snider, EPI CEO and industry titan, and Julie Keyes, 2017 Leader of the Year, for one of their premier training courses: Mastering the Triggering Event Workshop with Christopher Snider, and Jumpstart Your Exit Planning Practice with Julie Keyes.
Whether your first time or sixth time attending the Summit, this year is sure to expand your views, engage you in complex problem solving, and deliver you one-of-a-kind professional development. Don’t miss it.
About the Summit
The EPI Exit Planning Summit is the “Super Bowl” for Exit Planning Experts, Advisors, and Middle Market Business Owners. It contains the best content taught by top experts in the marketplace. The Summit brings together 200 of the top CEPAs a part of EPI, combined with other leading advisors, thought leaders, and partners within the exit planning space. Early bird deadlines end soon. Register and make plans to attend the most impactful exit planning event of the year.
Small Group Interaction Meets Big Conference Innovation: Introducing the “Exit is Now” Case Study Experience!
Woven throughout the entire Summit agenda will be the first-of-its-kind case study eBook, “Exit is Now,” a ‘based on reality’ fictional narrative case study that explores and addresses the complex and pressing questions when helping an owner achieve a truly successful exit. Follow along, analyze scenarios, work in a group, and present your findings using the new Summit ebook written by 10 experts from across the exit planning profession in case study format that will be woven into every single session!
Every presenter at the Summit will have a direct tie-in to the Exit is Now Case Study eBook and over the course of two days, attendees will be challenged to understand, explore, prepare, and present their findings and ultimately recommend the best exit option for “Chuck Barrows,” a 65-year-old owner of a niche manufacturing business in Northeast Ohio.
What should Chuck do…and when?
Power Sessions: 7 Powerful Talks by 7 Industry Experts Solving Advisor Pitfalls and Roadblocks
Introducing the 2018 Exit Planning Power Sessions: Inspired by TED, the global community bringing you ‘ideas worth sharing.’ These speeches will follow the principles found in a great ‘TED talk’ by delivering the Summit attendees short, powerful speeches that challenge your world view on very specific, relevant, and compelling topics. The theme of this year’s Power Sessions: Seven Real-World Solutions to Pesky Professional Pitfalls
Our seven experts will deliver a short, frank, and impactful speech in 15 minutes or less on the seven topics specifically relevant to the exit planning professional: How to Build an Exit Planning Team, How to Create a Revenue-Producing Marketing Strategy, How to Ask an Owner the Right Questions, How to Scale a Business, How to Leverage Your Personal Brand, How to Motivate an Owner to Work on Exit Strategy, and How to Impact Value Drivers & Killers.
Two Unmissable Keynote Speakers on
Two Highly Relevant Topics
This year’s lineup will showcase two internationally-recognized and acclaimed keynote speakers: Tom Deans, best-selling author of Every Family’s Business and Willing Wisdom and creator of the Willing Wisdom Index and Dan Negroni, founder of Launchbox and best-selling author of Chasing Relevance, addressing the urgent, multi-generational disconnect in the workplace.
Intergenerational Wealth Expert
Talent Retention Expert
Power Session: "The Inquisitor"
Emcee | EPI Vice President
Succession Planning Strategist
Power Session: "The Valuator"
Partner at KLH Capital
Power Session: "The Strategist"
Florida Capital Bank
K. Brooke Norman
Power Session: "The Marketer"
Power Session: "The Brander"
Power Session: "The Collaborator"
Award-Winning Exit Planner
BNY Mellon Wealth Management
BNY Mellon Wealth Management
Leading Expert on Millennial Engagement
Power Session: "The Scaler"
Florida Capital Advisors
Hollinden | marketers + strategists
MCM Capital Partners
Co-founder of Project Equity
Nominate the next Exit Planner of the Year
This year, EPI’s Excellence in Exit Planning Awards, sponsored by BNY Mellon Wealth Management, will honor three exit planning advisors who lead our industry and community in unique, significant ways. Learn more about the awards by clicking here. We invite you to submit nominations for leaders in the exit planning community doing things right and showcasing leadership in the profession. Nominate someone today.
EXPAND YOUR CIRCLE OF INFLUENCE
The Summit brings together the most elite group of exit planning advisors in the industry and connects them with premier providers and players in the larger exit planning and transaction profession. Summit Partnership comes with premier brand exposure, high-quality networking, and thought leadership opportunities.
The question is: Do you want to be top of mind in the exit planning market?